This Water Sentinel WSS-3 refrigerator water filter contains a compressed carbon block which provides a tremendous capacity to remove and/or reduce impurities and sediment that may be present in your drinking water. The carbon block has millions of active sites on its surface and within the structure which can absorb impurities like a sponge, and can adsorb and hold other types of impurities on its surface like a magnet. Additionally, this filter can catalytically breakdown other impurities very similar to the way a catalytic converter works in your automobile. These processes ensure that you are getting the cleanest and best tasting water possible.
This economical filter will provide you with fresh and clean tasting water and ice cubes.
- Filter Life: 6 months or 300 gallons (whichever comes first)
- Flow Rate: 0.5 gallons per minute
- Operating Pressure: 30 - 100 psi
- Operating Temperature: 33 - 100 degrees Fahrenheit
- Filter Type: Granular Activated Carbon
- Water Sentinel Part Number: WSS-3
- 1 WSS-3 filter
- 2 Plastic tubing nuts
- 2 Tie Straps
- 2 Filter holders
Compatible with refrigerators that use any of the following part numbers:
- DAEWOO* DD-7098/DD7098 filters
- LG* refrigerators using the BL-9808 cartridge
- Samsung* refrigerators using the EF-9603, EF9603, WSF-100, WSF100 Also known as the Magic Water Filter
- Hotpoint* refrigerators using the BL9808
- Atag - early models
- GE SmartWater* GXRTQ series*
*Plastic tubing models only for GE Smartwater. Cannot be used on copper piping.
Removes the following contaminants:
- Bad Taste and Odor
- Does not remove fluoride