The Pentek PCC218 Water Filter Cartridge Replacement is for use in numerous residential as well as commercial water filter systems, especially ice machines, coffee machines, vending machines, food service equipment, water heaters, air conditioning equipment, under sink systems, and many other types of water filter and water processing equipment.
- Connection: Drop in pH Range: 6.5 - 9.0
- Temp. Range: 40 - 100 F
- Dimensions: 9 3/4" length x 2 5/8" diameter
- Reduces: Lime, scale, iron, corrosion, sediment, dirt, etc.
- Filter Media: Food grade polyphosphate crystal (12 ounces)
- Filter Life: About 6 months depending on usage, water quality, and flow rate Gallons Per Minute: About 1.5 - 2.5 GPM flow rate depending on the specific filter system
NOTE: this filter cartridge should not be used with carbonated water
The Pentek PCC-218 filter works by keeping particles separated so they cannot precipitate and form deposits when heated. It forms a protective coating on all metal surfaces, safeguarding against acidity, alkalinity, hardness, chloride, and other factors which affect the corrosion of water equipment and pipes. The Pentek PCC218 water filter keeps 1 parts per million (PPM) of dissolved iron suspended in solution (sequestered) in order to prevent dissolved iron from precipitating, which would cause staining and discoloration. Pentek PCC Series water filter cartridges are manufactured from FDA approved materials and can be used for numerous in home, undersink, commercial, food service, and light industrial uses.
The Pentek PCC-218 should not be used as a whole house filter because of its low flow rate.
Also known as Pentek part numbers 155251-43 and PCC-218.