The Pentek FloPlus-10 9 3/4 inch × 2 7/8 inch Cyst Removal Carbon Block Cartridge combines quality and functionality with durability for a lifetime of customer satisfaction. With durable construction, it ensures long-lasting and trouble-free performance.
- Nominal 0.5-micron rating
- 99.95% reduction of Cryptosporidium and Giardia cysts
- Premium dirt-holding capacity
- Outstanding chlorine taste & odor reduction
- True depth filtration which offers greatest life of any cyst-capable carbon cartridge
- High flow rates and low pressure drop similar to a nominal 10-micron cartridge
- Delivers optimal cyst reduction for whole house carbon treatment
- Maximum life — dirt-holding ability of a 10-micron carbon block with the particulate efficiency of a 0.5-micron cartridge
- Whole house cyst reduction with carbon treatment
- Cyst reduction where low flow, high pressure drop or premature plugging has been problematic
- Areas where low water pressure has made cyst reduction difficult due to high pressure drops (low flow)
- High flow applications (>25 gpm possible)
Materials of Construction:
- Filter: Media Bonded PAC
- End Caps: Polypropylene
- Netting: Polyethylene
- Gaskets: Santoprene
- Temperature Rating: 40°F to 180°F (4.4°C to 82.2°C)
- Maximum Dimensions: 2 7/8" x 9 3/4" (73mm x 248mm)
- Micron Rating (Nominal)*: 0.5
- Capacity (gallons): 10,000
- Initial ?P (psi) @ Flow Rate (gpm)*: 2 psi @ 1 gpm (0.1 bar @ 3.8 Lpm)
- Chlorine Taste & Odor Reduction @ Flow Rate (gpm)*: >10,000 gallons @ 1 gpm (>37,800 L @ 3.8 Lpm)
* Based on manufacturer’s internal testing.
- Performance capacity depends on system design, flow rate and certain other application conditions. Certain states require system registration or certification for health-related reduction claims.
- A drinking water cartridge may contain carbon fines (very fine black powder). After installation and before using the water, follow the instructions for flushing the cartridge to remove fines.
- It is recommended that you run the tap for 20 seconds prior to using the water for drinking or cooking purposes.
Warning: For drinking water applications, do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.