The Pentek DBC-10EX2 10 inch x 4.5 inch Big Blue Whole House Filter reduces the bad taste and odor of chlorine and other chemicals (pesticides, insecticides, etc) in water. It is a multi-purpose water filter cartridge that uses a combination of KDF plus granular activated carbon (GAC) filter media to reduce heavy metals.
- Connection: Drop in
- Max. Pressure: 125 PSI
- Temp. Range: 40 - 100 F
- Micron Rating: 5-micron nominal
- Dimensions: 9.75"L x 4.5"D (Big Blue/Full Flow)
- Filter Life: Approximately 6 months depending on usage and local water quality
- Flow Rate: About 7 gallons per minute (7 GPM) depending on the specific filter system
- Filter Media: KDF-55 (2 pounds) and granular activated carbon (GAC) - KDF media consists of copper-zinc granules for bacteriostatic filter action
This Pentek KDF 10" Big Blue water filter is also known by Pentek part number 255748-43 / 25574843 as well as 255748, KDC55-03-10BB, AF-10-2013-BB, and FC25574843. It can be used in all 10" x 4.5" Big Blue water filter housings.