The unique structure of the carbon block enables it to reduce Giardia, Cryptosporidium, Entamoeba, and Toxoplasma cysts. The Pentek CBR2-10R 9 3/4 inch × 2 7/8 inch Lead and Cyst Removal Carbon Block Cartridge combines quality and functionality with durability for a lifetime of customer satisfaction.
Materials of Construction:
- Filter Media: Bonded PAC
- End Caps: Polypropylene
- Outer Wrap: Polyolefin
- Netting: Polyethylene
- Gaskets: Buna-N
- Temperature Rating: 40-165ºF (4.4-73.9ºC)
- Maximum Dimensions: 2 7/8" x 9 3/4" (73 mm x 124 mm)
- Micron Rating (nominal)*: 0.5
- Initial ΔP (psi) @ Flow Rate (gpm): Flow restricted to 0.6 gpm (2.3 Lpm) with built-in Flow restrictor
- Chlorine Taste & Odor Reduction @ Flow Rate: >>20,000 gallons @ 0.6 gpm (75,700L @ 2.3 Lpm)
- VOC* gallons @ gpm: 600 @ 0.6 (2270L @ 2.3 Lpm)
- MTBE* gallons @ gpm: 500 @ 0.6 (1890L @ 2.3 Lpm)
- Cyst Reduction*†: >99.95%
- Lead & Mercury Reduction*: 2000 gallons @ 0.6 gpm (7570L @ 3.8 Lpm)
* Based on manufacturer's internal testing
- Certain state require system registration or certification for health-related contaminant reduction claims.
- Chlorine and lead reduction tests conducted by Pentair Water Treatment at 0.6 gallons per minute with a Pentek Slim Line (SL) housing.
- Meets NSF Standard 42 for chlorine taste & odor reduction.*
- † Giardia, Cryptosporidium, Entamoeba and Toxoplasma cyst claim based on tests showing greater than 99.95% reduction using NSF Standard 53 protocol.
Warning: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the unit