The Pentek Big Blue GAC-BB 9 3/4 inch × 4 1/2 inch Granular Activated Carbon Cartridge combines quality and functionality with durability for a lifetime of customer satisfaction. With its long filter life, it makes a valuable addition to the water filter system. It removes impurities from water making it safe to drink.
- Effective bad taste & odor and chlorine taste & odor reduction*
- Designed for maximum adsorption
- Post-filter to reduce carbon fines
- Available in a variety of sizes and flow rates
Materials of Construction:
- Filter Media: Granular Activated Carbon
- End Caps: Polystyrene
- Post-Filter: Spun Polypropylene
- Outer Casing: Polystyrene
- Expansion Pad: Polypropylene
- Gasket: Buna-N (top) Santoprene (bottom)
- Temperature Rating: 40-125ºF (4.4-51.7ºC)
- Maximum Dimensions: 4 1/2" x 9 3/4" (114 mm x 248 mm)
- Initial ?P (psi)@ Flow Rate (gpm): 6.0 psi @ 2.0 gpm (0.4 bar @ 7.6 Lpm)
- Chlorine Taste & Odor Reduction @ Flow Rate: 12,500 gallons @ 2.0 gpm (47,000L @ 7.6 Lpm)
* Based on manufacturer's internal testing
- A drinking water cartridge may contain carbon fines (very fine black powder). After installation and before using the water, follow the instructions for flushing the cartridge to remove fines.
- It is recommended that you flush for 20 seconds prior to using the water for drinking or cooking purposes.
- Chlorine Reduction is estimated capacity using 2ppm free available chlorine (FAC) at continuous flow with greater than 75% reduction.
Warning: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.