The Pentek Big Blue EPM-20BB 20 inch × 4 1/2 inch High Dirt Holding Capacity Carbon Block Cartridge combines quality and functionality with durability for a lifetime of customer satisfaction. A high porosity design helps prevent the cartridge from plugging before its adsorption capacity is exhausted, maximizing the utilization of the carbon while maintaining low-pressure drop.
- Nominal 10-micron rating*
- Enhanced dirt holding capacity for extended cartridge life*
- Bad taste & odor and chlorine taste & odor reduction*
- Lowest pressure drop
- Economically priced
Materials of Construction:
- Filter Media: Bonded PAC
- End Caps: Polypropylene
- Outer Wrap: Polyolefin
- Netting: Polyethylene
- Gaskets: Buna-N
- Temperature Rating: 40-180ºF (4.4-82.2ºC)
- Maximum Dimensions: 4 5/8" x 20" (118 mm x 508 mm)
- Micron Rating* (nominal): 10
- Initial ?P (psi)@ Flow Rate (gpm): 4.0 psi @ 4 gpm (0.28 bar @ 15.1 Lpm)
- Chlorine Taste & Odor Reduction @ Flow Rate: >30,000 gallons @ 4 gpm (113,500L @ 15.1 Lpm)
* Based on manufacturer's internal testing
- Performance capacity depends on system design, flow rate and certain other application conditions.
- When greater chlorine taste & odor reduction is needed, use the standard EP series blocks.
- EPM-Series cartridges will contain a very small amount of carbon fines (very fine black powder). After installation, follow the instructions for flushing the cartridge to remove the fines before using the water. You should run (flush) the tap at least 20 seconds prior to using water for drinking or cooking purposes. This is particularly important if the tap has not been used daily.
Warning: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.