The Pentek Big Blue EP-20BB 20 inch × 4 1/2 inch High Dirt Holding Capacity Carbon Block Cartridge combines quality and functionality with durability for a lifetime of customer satisfaction. A high porosity design helps prevent the cartridge from plugging before its adsorption capacity is exhausted, maximizing the utilization of the carbon while maintaining low-pressure drop.
- Nominal 5-micron rating*
- High dirt-holding capacity maximizes utilization of the carbon block*
- Highly effective bad taste & odor and chlorine taste & odor reduction*
Materials of Construction
- Filter Media: Bonded PAC
- End Caps: Polypropylene
- Inner/Outer Wraps: Polyolefin
- Netting: Polyethylene
- Gaskets: Buna-N
- Temperature Rating: 40-180ºF (4.4-82.2ºC)
- Maximum Dimensions: 4 5/8" x 20" (118 mm x 508 mm)
- Micron Rating* (nominal): 5
- Initial ?P (psi)@ Flow Rate (gpm): 5.5 psi @ 5 gpm (0.38 bar @ 19 Lpm)
- Chlorine Taste & Odor Reduction @ Flow Rate: >40,000 gallons @ 4 gpm (151,400L @ 151.1 Lpm)
* Based on manufacturer's internal testing
- The EP cartridges will contain a very small amount of carbon fines (very fine black powder) and a new cartridge after installation should be flushed with sufficient water to remove the fines from your water system before using the water.
- Micron ratings based on 85% or greater removal of given particle size. Data obtained from actual particle counts using AC Fine Test Dust and Latex spheres.
- Estimated capacity using 2ppm free available chlorine (FAC) at continuous flow with greater than 90% reduction.
Warning: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.