A high porosity design helps prevent the cartridge from plugging before its adsorption capacity is exhausted, maximizing the utilization of the carbon while maintaining low pressure drop. The Pentek Big Blue EP-20BB 20 inch × 4 1/2 inch High Dirt Holding Capacity Carbon Block Cartridge combines quality and functionality with durability for a lifetime of customer satisfaction.
- Nominal 5-micron rating*
- High dirt-holding capacity maximizes utilization of the carbon block*
- Highly effective bad taste & odor and chlorine taste & odor reduction*
Materials of Construction
- Filter Media: Bonded PAC
- End Caps: Polypropylene
- Inner/Outer Wraps: Polyolefin
- Netting: Polyethylene
- Gaskets: Buna-N
- Temperature Rating: 40-180ºF (4.4-82.2ºC)
- Maximum Dimensions: 4 5/8" x 20" (118 mm x 508 mm)
- Micron Rating* (nominal): 5
- Initial ?P (psi)@ Flow Rate (gpm): 5.5 psi @ 5 gpm (0.38 bar @ 19 Lpm)
- Chlorine Taste & Odor Reduction @ Flow Rate: >40,000 gallons @ 4 gpm (151,400L @ 151.1 Lpm)
* Based on manufacturer's internal testing
- The EP cartridges will contain a very small amount of carbon fines (very fine black powder) and a new cartridge after installation should be flushed with sufficient water to remove the fines from your water system before using the water.
- Micron ratings based on 85% or greater removal of given particle size. Data obtained from actual particle counts using AC Fine Test Dust and Latex spheres.
- Estimated capacity using 2ppm free available chlorine (FAC) at continuous flow with greater than 90% reduction.
Warning: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.