The Pentek Big Blue CBC-BB 9 3/4 inch × 4 1/2 inch Cyst Removal Carbon Block Cartridge is a carbon block filter for the reduction of chlorine, pesticides, sediment, dirt, rust, limescale, silt, sand, as well as other chemicals and particulates to improve the taste, odour, and clarity of the water. It combines quality and functionality with durability for a lifetime of customer satisfaction.
- Nominal 0.5-micron rating*
- 99.95% reduction of Cryptosporidium, Giardia, Entamoeba, and Toxoplasma cysts*
- Premium high capacity bad taste & odor and chlorine taste & odor reduction*
- Enhanced dirt holding capacity*
Materials of Construction:
- Filter Media: Bonded PAC
- End Caps: Polypropylene
- Inner/Outer Wraps: Polyolefin
- Netting: Polyethylene
- Gaskets: Buna-N
- Temperature Rating: 40-180ºF (4.4-82.2ºC)
- Maximum Dimensions: 4 5/8" x 9 3/4" (118 mm x 248 mm)
- Micron Rating (nominal)*: 0.5
- Initial ?P (psi)@ Flow Rate (gpm): 4.6 psi @ 2 gpm (0.32 bar @ 7.6 Lpm)
- Chlorine Taste & Odor Reduction @ Flow Rate: >50,000 gallons @ 2 gpm (189,300L @ 7.6 Lpm)
* Based on manufacturer's internal testing
- Performance capacity depends on system design, flow rate, and certain other application conditions. Certain states require system registration or certification for health-related contaminant reduction claims.
- Cartridges will contain a very small amount of carbon fines (very fine black powder) and a new cartridge after installation should be flushed with sufficient water to remove all traces of the fines from your water system before using the water. Each time you use your filtered water tap for drinking or cooking purposes it is recommended that you run (flush) the tap for at least 20 seconds prior to using water.
- Micron ratings based on 85% or greater removal of given particle size.
- CBC-Series cartridges are capable of reducing 99.95% of Cryptosporidium and Giardia cysts. Data obtained from actual particle counts using AC Fine Test Dust and Latex spheres.† Estimated capacity using 2ppm free available chlorine (FAC) with greater than 90% reduction.
Warning: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.