Doulton W9222901 SuperCarb OBE Filter Element
The cartridges are based on a Sterasyl ceramic pre-filter shell. The ceramic contains a specially formulated self-sterilizing silver compound therefore, the SuperCarb element does not require sterilization after cleaning. Inside the ceramic shell is a post-filter which is manufactured by combining a zeolite metal ion reduction medium, granular carbon, and powdered to form a tightly packed matrix. This 1 micron absolute rated carbon block core is effective for chlorine, taste & odor removal
Cartridge is open on both ends and fits standard 10" housings.
- Maximum working pressure: 125 psi (8.6 bars)
- Maximum working temperature :100 °F (37.8 °C)
- Minimum working temperature:40 °F (4.4 °C)
- Recommended cleaning frequency: every 6 months or when flow rate is noticeably lower
- Recommended change frequency:every 12 months
- Contaminant Removal:The great majority of pathogenic (disease causing) bacteria and cysts are larger than one µ. The pore size of the ceramic filter element is controlled so that it will remove all suspended matter larger than 0.9 µ.
- Pathogenic Bacteria:Chorela, Typhoid, Salmonella, Serratia, E. Coli, Fecal Coliform: >99.99% removal
- Cysts Cryptosporidium parvum and Giardia lamblia: 100% removal (based on tests by Arizona State University)
- Sediment:Down to 0.9 µ, 100%; 0.5-0.8 µ with a filter efficiency of >99.99% (based on tests by Spectrum Laboratories, Minneapolis, MN)