Airpura T600 Air Purifier for Tobacco Smoke
Designed specifically to remove harmful contaminants from environmental tobacco smoke (ETS), the Airpura T600 features a specialized Tar Barrier pre-filter to remove tars, as well as an extra large 3" activated carbon bed (26 lbs or carbon!) to remove most known chemicals and gases found in tobacco smoke, including at least 60 confirmed carcinogens. A HEPA-grade post filter removes airborne particulate.
The Airpura T600 is equipped with a 560 cubic foot per minute variable-speed fan with a one-piece assembly to reduce vibration and noise, felt gaskets to prevent contaminant bypass (many competitors use rubber seals that off-gas VOCs), and an attractive powder-coated steel mesh housing with a 360-degree intake. The Airpura 600 series has one of the highest air processing rates in the industry, however, the noise level from the fan remains well below competitor's models with less air flow.
The T600 is recommended for spaces up to 2,000 square feet, however, it is important to keep in mind that due to the high rate of re-contamination in smoking areas, a high air turnover rate (at least 6 times per hour) is generally preferred. This unit will clean roughly 700 sq ft. 6 times per hour.
Filter lives estimated below are highly dependent upon the level of smoke. Although this unit is designed specifically for demanding smoke removal tasks, extreme smoke levels will reduce filter life and unit performance. Home use will generally result in longer filter life than stated below.
Recommended Application: The Airpura T600 is an excellent choice for homeowners who smoke, for dedicated workplace smoking areas, restaurants, bars, and other locations where tobacco smoke is the primary air quality concern.
Airpura T600 is currently available in 3 colors:
Multi-stage progressive filtration
TarBarrier pre-filter and micro-suppress filters
Large activated carbon filter
- Air Handling Rate / Coverage:
560 cubic feet/minute
700 sq. ft 6x / hr.
2,100 sq. ft 2x / hr.
- Fan Type: Centrifugal fan with variable speed control
- Amount of HEPA: 360 sq. inches
- Amount of Carbon: 26 lbs.
- Air Intake: 360 degrees
- Power Consumption (High Setting): 120 watts
- Size & Weight:
Highest 62.3 dba
Lowest 28.1 dba
- Materials / Finish: All steel construction with powder-coat finish 3 color options
- Est. Filter Life (public area):
Based on use in public area - longer filter life is generally expected for home use but depends on rate of smoking
- Pre-filter: 4 year
- Carbon filter: 3 years
- HEPA filter: 3 years
- Safety Approvals: ETL Certified (conforms to ANSI/UL 507, CSA C22.2 no 113)
- Warranty & Guarantee: Manufacturer's 5-Year Parts, 10-year Labor Warranty
- Other Features:
Easy filter access
Felt sealing gaskets
- 627746000585 - Coconut Shell Carbon Cream
- 627746000592 - Coconut Shell Carbon White
- 627746000608 - Coconut Shell Carbon Black
- 627746000660 - Anthracite Carbon Cream
- 627746000677 - Anthracite Carbon White
- 627746000684 - Anthracite Carbon Black