The Pentek Big Blue FloPlus-20-BB 20 inch × 4 5/8 inch Cyst Removal Carbon Block Cartridge is a carbon block filter for the reduction of chlorine, pesticides, sediment, dirt, rust, limescale, silt, sand, as well as other chemicals and particulates to improve the taste, odour, and clarity of water. It combines quality and functionality with durability for a lifetime of customer satisfaction.
- Nominal 0.5-micron rating
- 99.95% reduction of Cryptosporidium and Giardia cysts
- Premium dirt-holding capacity
- Outstanding chlorine taste & odor reduction
- True depth filtration which offers greatest life of any cyst-capable carbon cartridge
- High flow rates and low pressure drop similar to a nominal 10-micron cartridge
- Delivers optimal cyst reduction for whole house carbon treatment
- Maximum life — dirt-holding ability of a 10-micron carbon block with the particulate efficiency of a 0.5-micron cartridge
- Whole house cyst reduction with carbon treatment
- Cyst reduction where low flow, high pressure drop or premature plugging has been problematic
- Areas where low water pressure has made cyst reduction difficult due to high pressure drops (low flow)
- High flow applications (>25 gpm possible)
Materials of Construction:
- Filter: Media Bonded PAC
- End Caps: Polypropylene
- Netting: Polyethylene
- Gaskets: Santoprene
- Temperature Rating: 40°F to 180°F (4.4°C to 82.2°C)
- Maximum Dimensions: 4 5/8" x 20" (118mm x 508mm)
- Micron Rating (Nominal)*: 0.5
- Initial ΔP (psi) @ Flow Rate (gpm)*: 4 psi @ 4 gpm (0.3 bar @ 15.2 Lpm)
- Chlorine Taste & Odor Reduction @ Flow Rate (gpm)*: >50,000 gallons @ 4 gpm (>189,000 L @ 15.2 Lpm)
*Based on manufacturer’s internal testing.
- Performance capacity depends on system design, flow rate and certain other application conditions. Certain states require system registration or certification for health-related reduction claims.
- A drinking water cartridge may contain carbon fines (very fine black powder). After installation and before using the water, follow the instructions for flushing the cartridge to remove fines.
- It is recommended that you run the tap for 20 seconds prior to using the water for drinking or cooking purposes.
Warning: For drinking water applications, do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.