Dow Filmtec XLE-440 40 inch x 8 inch Low Energy Membrane
8" Filmtec XLE-440 Extra Low Energy RO Element
The Filmtec XLE-440 is an extra low energy, high productivity brackish water reverse osmosis element designed to deliver high quality water at low operating costs for municipal and industrial water applications. Its high active area design coupled with the highly productive XLE membrane makes Filmtec XLE-440 the lowest pressure RO element - resulting in lower energy costs.
- XLE-440 will operate in many systems at less than half the feed pressure of a standard high rejection RO element and at up to 30% less pressure than other low energy membranes, resulting in lifetime energy savings greater than 100% of the initial membrane investment.
- With 440 square feet (41 square meters) of active membrane area, the Filmtec XLE-440 element gives system designers the option of designing a system with fewer membrane elements, requiring lower capital expenditures for membranes and compenents.
- Automated, precision fabrication allows for the industry’s highest active membrane area without compromising the thickness of the feed spacer, resulting in less fouling, less cleaning downtime and lower operating costs than competitive products using thinner spacers.
- XLE-440 is perfectly suited for cold water feeds as the element’s high productivity will deliver lower energy costs and/or higher permeate flow.
- The XLE-440 fits nominal 8-inch (203 mm) I.D. pessure vessel.
- Membrane Type: Polyamide Thin-Film Composite (TFC)
- Maximum Operating Temperaturea: 113?F(45?C)
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 600 psi (41 bar)
- Maximum Pressure Drop: 15 psi (1.0 bar)
- Maximum Feed Flow Rate: 85 gpm (19 m3/hr)
- pH Range, Continuous Operationa: 2-11***
- pH Range, Short-Term Cleaning: 1-13* (30min)
- Maximum Feed Silt Density Index: 5 SDI
- Free Chlorine Tolerancec: <0.1 ppm
- Permeate Flow Rate: 12,700 GPD (48 m3/day)*
- Stabilized Salt Rejection: 99.0%
*Permeate flow and salt rejection based on the following test conditions: 500 ppm NaCl, pressure specified above, 77°F (25°C) and 15% recovery. Permeate flows for individual elements may vary +25/-15%.
**Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, Dow recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Most RO systems have carbon pre-filters for this purpose.
***Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95F (35C).