Dow Filmtec NF270-4040 40 inch x 4 inch Nanofiltration Membrane
The Filmtec NF270-4040 membrane elements are ideal for removing a high percentage of TOC and THM precursors with medium to high salt passage and medium hardness passage. The Filmtec NF270 membrane is an ideal choice for surface water and ground water where good organic removal is desired with partial softening. NF270-4040 has a fiberglass outer wrap.
- Membrane Type: Polyamide Thin-Film Composite (TFC)
- Maximum Operating Temperaturea: 113F (45C)
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 600 psi (41 bar)
- Maximum Feed Flow Rate: 16.0 gpm (3.6 m3/hr)
- pH Range, Continuous Operationa: 2-11***
- pH Range, Short-Term Cleaning: 1-12* (30min)
- Maximum Feed Silt Density Index: 5 SDI
- Free Chlorine Tolerance: <0.1 ppm**
- Permeate Flow Rate: 2,500 GPD (9.5 m3/day)*
- Stabilized Salt Rejection: >97.0%
*Permeate flow and salt rejection based on the following test conditions: 2,000 ppm MgSO4, 77°F (25°C) and 15% recovery at the pressure specified above. NF270-4040 individual elements may vary -15% / +50%.
**Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, Dow recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Most RO systems have carbon pre-filters for this purpose.
***Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95F (35C).