Dow Filmtec NF270-2540 40 inch x 2 1/2 inch Nanofiltration Membrane
The Filmtec NF270 membrane elements are ideal for removing a high percentage of TOC and THM precursors with medium to high salt passage and medium hardness passage. The Filmtec NF270 membrane is an ideal choice for surface water and ground water where good organic removal is desired with partial softening.
- Membrane Type: Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
- Maximum Operating Temperaturea: 113?F (45?C)
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 600 psig (41 bar)
- Maximum Feed Flow Rate: 6 gpm (1.4 m3/hr)
- Maximum Pressure Drop- Tape wrapped: 13 psig (0.9 bar)
- Fiberglassed: 15 psig (1.0 bar)
- pH Range, Continuous Operationa: 2 - 11
- pH Range, Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.)b: 1 - 12
- Maximum Feed Silt Density Index: SDI 5
- Free Chlorine Tolerancec: <0.1 ppm
- Active Area ft2 (m2): 28 (2.6)
- Applied Pressure psig (bar): 70 (4.8)
- Permeate Flow Rate gpd (m3/d): 850 (3.2)
- Stabilized Salt Rejection (%): 97.0
Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95?F (35?C).
Refer to Cleaning Guidelines in specification sheet 609-23010.
Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, Dow Filmtec recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure.