Dow Filmtec LP-4040 40 inch x 4 inch Low Energy Membrane
Filmtec LP-4040 elements are available to meet a wide variety of customer needs for commercial applications, from the highest purity water to the lowest total system costs.
A complete range of Dow Filmtec 4040-size elements is available to meet a wide variety of customer needs for commercial applications, from high purity water to low total system costs.
Tape-wrapped elements are built with the same high quality membranes and materials of construction as industrial elements, except for the hard outershell, and can be more economical for commercial systems with one or two elements per housing.
- Dow Filmtec LP-4040 delivers high quality water at low pressure operation. Filmtec Dow LP-4040 can replace many "first generation" low pressure membrane elements and purify more water in many older systems, especially on cold water feeds.
- Features the thickest feed spacer (34 mil) available in the industry today to lessen the impact of fouling.
- May be cleaned over a wide pH range (pH 1-13) for the most effective cleaning.
- Membrane Type: Polyamide Thin-Film Composite (TFC)
- Maximum Operating Temperaturea: 113?F(45?C)
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 600 psi (41 bar)
- Maximum Pressure Drop: 13 psi (0.9 bar)
- Feed Spacer Thickness: 34 mil
- Maximum Feed Flow Rate: 6 gpm (1.4 m3/hr)
- pH Range, Continuous Operationa: 2-11***
- pH Range, Short-Term Cleaning: 1-13* (30min)
- Maximum Feed Silt Density Index: 5 SDI
- Free Chlorine Tolerancec: <0.1 ppm
- Permeate Flow Rate: 2,900 GPD (11.0 m3/day)*
- Stabilized Salt Rejection: 99.2%
*Permeate flow and salt rejection based on the following test conditions: 77°F (25°C), 15% recovery, applied pressure of 145 psig (10 bar), and a 500 ppm NaCl feed stream. Permeate flow rates for individual elements may vary +/-20%.
**Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, Dow recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Most RO systems have carbon pre-filters for this purpose.
***Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95F (35C).
Note: Filmtec LP-4040 can replace TW30HP-4040 and will produce roughly 30% more permeate and improved salt rejection at TW30HP-4040 test conditions.