Dow Filmtec LP-2540 40 inch x 2 1/2 inch Low Energy Membrane
Filmtec LP-2540 elements are available to meet a wide variety of customer needs for commercial applications, from the highest purity water to the lowest total system costs.
A complete range of Dow Filmtec 2540-size elements is available to meet a wide variety of customer needs for commercial applications, from high purity water to low total system costs.
Tape-wrapped elements are built with the same high quality membranes and materials of construction as industrial elements, without the hard outershell, and can be more economical for commercial systems with one or two elements per housing.
- Dow Filmtec LP-2540 delivers high quality water at low pressure operation. The LP-2540 can replace many "first generation" low pressure membrane elements and purify more water in many older systems, especially on cold water feeds.
- May be cleaned over a wide pH range (pH 1-13) for the most effective cleaning.
- Membrane Type: Polyamide Thin-Film Composite (TFC)
- Maximum Operating Temperaturea: 113?F(45?C)
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 600 psig (41 bar)
- Maximum Pressure Drop: 13 psi (0.9 bar)
- Feed Spacer Thickness: 28 mil
- Maximum Feed Flow Rate: 6 gpm (1.4 m3/hr)
- pH Range, Continuous Operationa: 2-11***
- pH Range, Short-Term Cleaning: 1-13* (30min)
- Maximum Feed Silt Density Index: 5 SDI
- Free Chlorine Tolerancec: <0.1 ppm
- Permeate Flow Rate: 1,000 GPD (3.8 m3/day)*
- Stabilized Salt Rejection: 99.2%
*Permeate flow and salt rejection based on the following test conditions: 77°F (25°C), 15% recovery and applied pressure of 145 psig (10 bar), tested on a 500 ppm NaCl feed stream. Permeate flow rates for individual elements may vary +/-20%.
**Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, Dow recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Most RO systems have carbon pre-filters for this purpose.
Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95F (35C).
Note: The Filmtec LP-2540 can replace Filmtec TW30HP-2540 for low pressure operation.