Dow Filmtec LE-4040 40 inch x 4 inch Low Energy Membrane
Filmtec LE-4040 elements are available to meet a wide variety of customer needs for commercial applications, from the highest purity water to the lowest total system costs.
Dow Filmtec LE-4040 brackish water reverse osmosis membrane elements provide consistent, exceptional system performance in light industrial applications.
Filmtec LE-4040 elements with a hard shell exterior are recommended for systems with multiple-element housings containing three or more membranes, as they are designed to withstand higher pressure drops.
- Dow Filmtec LE-4040 delivers high performance at low pressure resulting in less energy usage and lower costs.
- Features the thickest feed spacer (34 mil) available in the industry today to lessen the impact of fouling.
- May be cleaned over a wide pH range (pH 1-13) for the most effective cleaning.
- Membrane Type: Polyamide Thin-Film Composite (TFC)
- Maximum Operating Temperaturea: 113?F(45?C)
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 600 psi (41 bar)
- Maximum Pressure Drop: 15 psi (1.0 bar)
- Maximum Feed Flow Rate: 16 gpm (3.6 m3/hr)
- pH Range, Continuous Operationa: 2-11***
- pH Range, Short-Term Cleaning: 1-13* (30min)
- Maximum Feed Silt Density Index: 5 SDI
- Free Chlorine Tolerancec: <0.1 ppm
- Permeate Flow Rate: 2,500 GPD (9.5 m3/day)*
- Stabilized Salt Rejection: 99.0%
*Permeate flow and salt rejection based on the following test conditions: 2,000 ppm NaCl, applied pressure of 150 psig (10.3 bar) , 77°F (25°C) and 15% recovery. Permeate flows for individual elements may vary +/-20%.
**Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, Dow recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Most RO systems have carbon pre-filters for this purpose.
***Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95F (35C).