Dow Filmtec LE-400 40 inch x 8 inch Low Energy Membrane
The Filmtec LE-400 element is a low-energy element for industrial and municipal applications that operates at low pressure to deliver energy savings in new equipment or replacement situations where energy cost is an important factor and unit price is a key driver.
- Delivers equivalent permeate flow at 40% lower feed pressure, compared to the Filmtec BW30-400.
- Filmtec LE-400 membrane offers the proven performance and high productivity of the Filmtec BW30-400 element construction, with lower energy use and operating expense.
- The new Filmtec LE-400 has an industry standard 1.125 inch ID permeate tube to facilitate element replacement.
- Membrane Type: Polyamide Thin-Film Composite (TFC)
- Maximum Operating Temperaturea: 113?F(45?C)
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 600 psi (41 bar)
- Maximum Pressure Drop: 15 psi (1.0 bar)
- Maximum Feed Flow Rate: 85 gpm (19 m3/hr)
- pH Range, Continuous Operationa: 2-11***
- pH Range, Short-Term Cleaning: 1-13* (30min)
- Maximum Feed Silt Density Index: 5 SDI
- Free Chlorine Tolerancec: <0.1 ppm
- Permeate Flow Rate: 11,500 GPD (44 m3/day)*
- Stabilized Salt Rejection: 99.0%
*Permeate flow and salt rejection based on the following standard conditions: 2,000 ppm NaCl, 150 psi (10.3 bar), 77?F (25?C), pH 8 and 15% recovery. For comparison, the LE-400 will have a permeate flow of 12,200 gpd (46 m3/d) and stabilized salt rejection of 99.3% when normalized to a feed solution of 1,500 ppm NaCl as used by some manufacturers. Flow rates for individual elements may vary but will be no more than 15% below the value shown.
**Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, Dow recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Most RO systems have carbon pre-filters for this purpose.
***Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95F (35C).
Note: Active surface area guaranteed +/-3%. Active area as stated by Filmtec is not comparable to nominal membrane area often stated by some manufacturers.