Dow Filmtec HRLE-440i 40 inch x 8 inch Low Energy Membrane
Dow Filmtec HRLE-440i High Rejection, Low-Energy RO Element with iLEC Interlocking Endcaps
Featuring breakthrough membrane chemistry, the Dow Filmtec HRLE-440i element delivers the same 99.5% nominal NaCl rejection as traditional brackish water elements but at 33% lower pressures.
- Lower energy requirements allow new reverse osmosis systems to be designed to use one third less energy and still deliver the same permeate quality compared with other BW elements
- Existing low energy systems can be retrofitted to achieve lower permeate TDS than possible with previous low energy elements
- The combination of low energy and high rejection is ideally suited for use in the second pass of seawater and high-purity applications
- Excellent rejection of silica, boron, nitrate and ammonium; supported by Dow’s modeling software
- Increased IPA rejection (IPA rejection is a common surrogate for TOC removal)
- Available dry for longer storage life and easier handling
- Permeate flow and salt (NaCl) rejection based on the following standard conditions: 2,000 ppm NaCl, 150 psi (10.3 bar), 77°F (25°C), pH 8 and 15% recovery.
- Flow rates for individual elements may vary but will be no more than 15% below the value shown.
- Sales specifications may vary as design revisions take place.
- Active area guaranteed +/-3%. Active area as stated by Dow Water & Process Solutions is not comparable to nominal membrane area often stated by some manufacturers. Measurement method described in Form No. 609-00434.
- Specific solute stabilized rejections based on the following standard test conditions: 2,000 ppm NaCl, 150 psi (10.3 bar), 77°F (25°C), pH 7 and 15% recovery, 50 ppm SiO2, 5 ppm B, 100 ppm NO3-, 100 ppm NH4+, or 100 ppm IPA.
- Active area ft2 (m2): 440 (41)
- Feed spacer thickness (mil): 28
- Permeate flow rate gpd (m3/d): 12,650 (48)
- Stabilized salt rejection (%): 99.5
- Minimum salt rejection (%): 99.3
- Silica rejection (%): 99.8
- Boron rejection (%): 68
- Nitrate rejection (%): 97
- Ammonium rejection (%): 97.5
- Isopropyl alcohol rejection (%): 94