Dow Filmtec BW30-400-FR 40 inch x 8 inch Fouling Resistant Membrane
Designed to purify water with high biological or organic fouling potential in systems with well-controlled pretreatment, Filmtec BW30-400-FR reverse osmosis elements incorporate Dow’s proprietary FR membrane technology that provides superior fouling resistance and cleanability.
This product is an extension of the Filmtec BW30-365-FR element that has demonstrated its value for numerous customers around the world.
These features offer system operators the best long-term economics and most trouble-free operation for RO membrane purification of fouling waters.
- High active area (400 square feet) for more productivity without increasing the operating flux.
- High rejection Filmtec RO membrane that has the widest pH cleaning range in the industry (pH 1-13) that allows for effective cleaning of scale, organic compounds and biofilm.
- Automated, precision fabrication with a greater number of shorter membrane leaves, reduces the overall effect of fouling and maximizes membrane efficiency.
- Membrane Type: Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 113?F (45?C)
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 600 psi (41 bar)
- Maximum Pressure Drop: 15 psig(1.0 bar)
- pH Range, Continuous Operation: 2 - 11
- pH Range, Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.)b: 1 - 13
- Maximum Feed Silt Density Index: SDI 5
- Free Chlorine Tolerancec: <0.1 ppm
- Permeate flow rate gpd (m3/d): 10,500 GPD (40 m3/day)*
- Stabilized salt rejection (%): 99.5
*Permeate flow and salt rejection based on the following standard conditions: 2,000 ppm NaCl, 225 psi (15.5 bar), 77°F (25°C), pH 8 and 15% recovery. Flow rates for individual elements may vary but will be no more than 7% below the value shown.
**Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, Dow recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Most RO systems have carbon pre-filters for this purpose.
***Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95F (35C).
Note: Active surface area guaranteed +/-3%. Active area as stated by Filmtec is not comparable to nominal membrane area often stated by some manufacturers.